Graduation Application Procedures & Deadlines
All students should review the graduation ceremony information posted here.
UNDERGRADUATE students are required to:
- submit a completed graduation application to the BSIS Undergraduate Office by the deadline. You may submit the application in person, via mail, fax (412-624-5231), or email.
MASTERS students are required to:
- complete the plan of study for their degree specialization or track (MSIS, MLIS, MST) and a graduation application by the deadlines posted below.
- submit both forms to the SIS Student Services Office. You may submit the application in person, via mail, fax (412-624-5231), or email.
- Masters students who are publishing an electronic thesis as a part of a degree requirement also submit materials outlined in the Masters Thesis Checklist by the ETD Processing Deadlines.
- submit a completed graduation application to the SIS Student Services Office. You may submit the application in person, via mail, fax (412-624-5231), or email.
- plan a defense date early enough to complete dissertation corrections by the ETD & Paperwork deadline.
- submit all materials outlined in the PhD Graduation Checklist by the ETD & Paperwork deadline. Any paperwork that is signed must be the original and therefore should be mailed if you are unable submit it in person. See the checklist for details. All materials should be submitted to the ETD Coordinator (Brandi Belleau).
- Forms must be submitted no later than 12:00 pm EST
- Failure to meet deadlines will result in your graduation being delayed to the next academic term.
- Acceptable late fee payments: Check or money order ONLY, made out to the University of Pittsburgh. Late fees are non-negotiable.
|April & May 2016 Plan and Application Deadline||January 29 at 12:00 pm|
|January 29 at 12:01 pm - March 2, 2016||$15 Late Fee|
|March 2 at 12:01 pm - March 24, 2016||$25 Late Fee|
|March 24 at 12:01 pm - April 6, 2016||$35 Late Fee|
Thesis & Dissertation Authors ONLY: ETD & Paperwork Deadline is April 25.
|June 2016 Plan and Application Deadline||April 28 at 12:00 pm|
|April 28 at 12:01 pm - May 13, 2016||$15 Late Fee|
|May 13 at 12:01 pm - May 22, 2016||$25 Late Fee|
|May 22 at 12:01 pm - June 9, 2016||$35 Late Fee|
|Thesis & Dissertation Authors ONLY: ETD & Paperwork Deadline is July 29.|
|August 2016 Plan and Application Deadline||June 2 at 12:00 pm|
|June 2 at 12:01 pm - July 1, 2016||$15 Late Fee|
|July 1 at 12:01 pm - July 20, 2016||$25 Late Fee|
|July 20 at 12:01 pm - July 29, 2016||$35 Late Fee|
Thesis & Dissertation Authors ONLY: ETD & Paperwork Deadline is August 31.
Graduation term codes
- Spring (Apr/May) 2016 = 2164
- Summer (Aug) 2016 = 2167
- Fall (Dec) 2016 = 2171
Student Name and Official University Records:
- Student Name must be an exact match with what is officially on record with the University. This can be found in the same location as your Student ID in PeopleSoft.
- Middle names may be expanded, shortened, or deleted altogether on the application.
- If your name at graduation name is different from what is on file the student must process a legal name change in G-3 Thackeray Hall.
- Students may include suffixes such as Jr., Sr., II, III, etc. The University does not include titles such as Sister, Father, Dr., Esq., etc. on diplomas or transcripts.