Friday, July 10, 2015
Friday, July 10, 2015
Friday, July 24, 2015
August 1-2, 2015
- International Journal of Digital Libraries Edited by iSchool Professor, Stephen Griffin
- MLIS Alumnus Named Acting State Librarian for Pennsylvania
- iSchool Professor, Michael Spring, Featured in University Times
- iSchool Faculty's Paper Wins Best Paper Award at IEEE/ACM CCGrid'15
- First Chinese Bioethics Fellows Graduate from Pittís International Research Ethics Program
- iSchool Professorís Research Published in the Wall Street Journal
- iSchool MLIS Alumna Selected as Recipient of 2015 ASIS&T New Leaders Award
David Tipper Promoted to Professor at School of Information Sciences
We are pleased to share the news that Chancellor Gallagher has promoted Telecommunications Program Chair and Associate Professor, David Tipper, to the rank of Full Professor, effective September 1, 2015.
The promotion recognizes his many accomplishments in research, teaching, and administration. He holds a PhD in electrical engineering and an MS in systems engineering from the University of Arizona, and a BS from Virginia Tech. Prior to joining the iSchool faculty, he was a member of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at Clemson University.
Throughout his more than 20-year career at Pitt, he has distinguished himself as an insightful and analytical researcher, thoughtful academic, trustworthy colleague, and focused leader. He was one of the originators of the wireless track in the Telecommunications program and the Security Assured Information Systems track in the Information Science and Telecommunications degree programs.
Tipper’s research interests are broadly in the area of computer and telecommunication networks and information assurance. As an international scholar and a leader in his field, he is defining and shaping a rapidly emerging and evolving discipline of computer and telecommunications networking.
Please join us in congratulating David Tipper on this well-deserved promotion! Read more >
Want to learn more about the iSchool?
We host a variety of on-campus and online information sessions so that you can:
• visit us on-campus or virtually
• meet our faculty and staff
• tour our research and classroom facilities
• explore careers in the information professions
• learn about our multi-disciplinary degree programs
Sign up for an information sessions or view our schedule of walk-in sessions today! Learn more >