- SIS alumna receives a 2015-2016 Jefferson Award
- SIS faculty member, Michael Spring, tells graduating students to always keep dreaming
- SIS alumna appointed new archivist at Carnegie Museum of Art
- SIS alumnus reflects on seven years as University Librarian at Boston College
- SIS student, Kate Madison, receives 2016 Society of American Archivists Ham Scholarship
- Two SIS faculty members on new Association for Computing Machinery journal’s editorial board
- iSchool Recognition Ceremony honored graduates on May 1st!
- Sheila Corrall and Kip Currier win LIBER Innovation Award
- Alumna named director of libraries at Oberlin College & Conservatory
- Leona Mitchell to be a featured speaker at the 2016 AIIP Annual Conference
Konstantinos Pelechrinis, promoted to associate professor with tenure
The University of Pittsburgh School of Information Sciences (SIS) is pleased to announce that Konstantinos ‘Kostas’ Pelechrinis has been promoted to the rank of Associate Professor with tenure, effective September 1, 2016. Pelechrinis has taught in the Telecommunications and Networking program at SIS and led the Network Data Science Lab since 2010.
He received his MSc and PhD in Computer Science from the University of California at Riverside. Prior, he received his diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens in Greece.
Pelechrinis’ research has been published in numerous peer-reviewed journals and magazines as well as discussed at conferences around the world. His research interests include: network science, location based social networks, urban informatics, wireless network systems, and wireless network security. He was recently awarded a grant through the Army Research Office’s Young Investigator award for his research titled, “Models and Metrics for Composite Socio-Spatial Networks.”
Please join us in congratulating Kostas on this well-deserved promotion!
Want to interact with SIS?
We host a variety of on-campus and online information sessions so that you can:
• visit us on-campus or virtually
• meet our faculty and staff
• tour our research and classroom facilities
• explore careers in the information professions
• learn about our multi-disciplinary degree programs
Join us for an information session to learn more about about our undergraduate, graduate, and online programs! View schedule >