- Graduates recognized at final SIS Recognition Ceremony
- iSchool students place in Randall Family Big Idea Competition
- PhD student wins Pitt leadership award
- Meet our faculty: Leona Mitchell
- SIS students win at iConference
- Catching up with our alums: Jeff Stanek (MST '89)
- SIS alumna appointed Director at New York Public Libraries
- Pitt to hold separate commencement ceremonies for graduates and undergraduates
New Dean Appointed for Future School of Computing and Information
On May 8, University of Pittsburgh Provost Patricia E. Beeson announced the appointment of Dr. Paul R. Cohen as the founding Dean of the School of Computing and Information, beginning August 1, 2017. Dr. Cohen is currently a professor at the University of Arizona and a Program Manager at the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). Dr. Cohen earned his PhD in Computer Science and Psychology from Stanford University, and is a noted scholar with expertise in Artificial Intelligence─having been elected Fellow of the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence.
The School of Computing and Information will officially open on July 1, 2017 and will include the faculties, staff, students, and degree programs of the School of Information Sciences and the Department of Computer Science. The School of Computing and Information, under the leadership of Dean Cohen, will bring together the intrinsic power of both technology (computing) and knowledge (information) to work to benefit other fields of exploration and society.
The official announcement by the University of Pittsburgh is available here.
There's still time to apply to our:
- Master of Science in Information Science
- Our ALA-accredited Master of Library and Information Science
- Master of Science in Telecommunications
Our master's programs accept applications for admission on a rolling basis.