- iFest 2015 - a resounding success for the iSchool at Pitt
- Pitt's Online MLIS ranked #8 by TheBestSchools.Org
- Pitt's iSchool in ObserveIT's Top 7 Universities for IT Security
- Pitt’s iSchool PhD student and faculty earn honorable mention at 2015 HICSS Conference
- Saturday, March 28
Preservation Fair 2015
- Tuesday, March 31
2015 Annual SFI Lecture
- Wednesday, April 1
iSchool Colloquium Series presents: Dr. Glenn Ricart, "Affordances of Network Virtualization"
The 2015 Sara Fine Institute Lecture Welcomes Alondra Nelson, March 31
The Sara Fine Institute (SFI), in conjunction with the iSchool at Pitt, cordially invites all members of the University community and the general public to attend the 2015 Sara Fine Institute Lecture. The lecture, entitled “The Social Life of DNA in the Era of Big Data,” will be presented by distinguished author, fellow, researcher, and Dean of Social Sciences at Columbia University, Dr. Alondra Nelson.
This year’s presentation is a multi-disciplinary mix of science, technology, medicine, and sociology focused on the expansive use of genetic ancestry testing, the 2013 controversy over the decoding of the genome of Henrietta Lacks, the growing phenomenon of familial searching in the criminal justice system, and ideas of compound racialization in the era of big data.
This event is free to attend and no RSVP is required. A reception will follow. Join us March 31, 2015 at 3pm at the University of Pittsburgh’s University Club (Ballroom A). Read more >
Want to learn more about the iSchool?
We host a variety of on-campus and online information sessions so that you can:
• visit us on-campus or virtually
• meet our faculty and staff
• tour our research and classroom facilities
• explore careers in the information professions
• learn about our multi-disciplinary degree programs
Sign up for an information sessions or view our schedule of walk-in sessions today! Learn more >