The SIS Council, together with its designated committees, serves as the primary voice of the faculty, staff and students with regard to various governance functions within the school. The eleven voting members of the council:
- Act for and represent the faculty, staff, and students in making recommendations to the Dean on major issues of the School;
- Serve as the School’s planning and budgeting committee for the University’s Planning and Budgeting System;
- Develop and/or review policies, guidelines, and procedures that support or affect scholarship, research, teaching, and service;
- Develop and/or review policies, guidelines, and procedures in areas of governance, such as personnel, terms and conditions of employment, budget plans for the School, resources, and diversity enhancement;
- Establish committees as needed to develop and implement policies and procedures related to the above areas;
- Coordinate the activities of its various committees, receive the reports, and act upon the recommendations of those committees; and
- Consult with and advise the Dean and/or the representatives of the Dean regarding issues of concern to faculty, staff, and students.
The monthly meetings of the SIS Council are open to all faculty, staff and students of SIS who wish to attend.
The meeting agenda and minutes of past meetings are available on the SIS Council site. To login you will need Pitt email (example: email@example.com) and Pitt password.