Eligibility & Nomination Process
- Nominees must be alumni of the University of Pittsburgh School of Information Sciences or its antecedent institutions (School of Library and Information Science, Graduate School of Library and Information Science, Graduate Library School, Carnegie Library School, and Training School for Children's Librarians).
- Nominees cannot be current School of Information Sciences faculty members or staff.
- Nominations for a University of Pittsburgh School of Information Sciences Award may be made by any member of the community.
- Nominations must be submitted via the official form by July 15th.
Distinguished Alumni Award
Awarded to an alumna/us who has demonstrated exemplary service to the School, accomplishment in his/her professional and civic lives, and/or strength of character.
The criteria for selection include:
- Contributions of special achievement within the fields of information science
- Volunteer service (cultural, philanthropic, civic, educational)
- Professional accomplishments
- Recognition of achievements (including past honors, awards)
- Commitment to the School of Information Sciences
- Overall commitment to the University of Pittsburgh
Professional Achievement Award
Awarded to an alumna/us, regardless of years since graduation, who has demonstrated solid achievement in the fields of information science, community, public, or humanitarian service.
- Describe the qualities and contributions that make the nominated person worthy of a Professional Achievement Award.
- Consider how the nominee's contribution has made a difference; just what makes them worthy of special recognition, have their contributions so far gone 'unsung'.
Young Alumni Award
This award is designed to recognize established and future leaders among the School of Information Sciences' young alumni, defined as those who have been an alumna/us for ten years or less. The alumna/us has demonstrated solid achievement in the fields of information science, community, public, or humanitarian service.
- Describe the qualities and contributions that make the nominated person worthy of a Young Alumni Award.
- Consider the nominee’s service to professional organizations, the School of Information Sciences, and the University of Pittsburgh.
If you have any questions, please contact Amy B. Herlich at 412-624-5820 or via email.