- Dr. Rosta Farzan receives Google award
- James King publishes "Say Nothing" in Archives and Records
- David Tipper: IEEE Guest Editor and Top Ten Author
- School of Information Sciences Receives NIST Award
- Check out the iSchool’s events for March
Dr. Leanne Bowler and Eleanor Mattern win Lee Dirks Best Paper Award at iConference 2014
The School of Information Sciences (the iSchool) congratulates Dr. Leanne Bowler and Eleanor Mattern on receiving the Lee Dirks Best Paper Award at iConference 2014. The paper, “Developing Design Interventions for Cyberbullying: A Narrative-Based Participatory Approach,” co-authored with Dr. Cory Knobel (UC Irvine), presented a user-generated framework for designing affordances that would counter acts of cyberbullying on social media sites. Using narrative inquiry as a research methodology, the authors invited two focus groups to map out a cyberbullying story and overlay it with a set of design recommendations that, in the participant’s view, might alleviate mean and cruel behavior online. Learn more.
Learn More About Us
learn about our faculty, programs, research, and careers. You
• visit us,
• tour our research and classroom facilities,
• chat with us!
You can explore the information professions and discover how our degree programs prepare you for your future. Learn more.