- iSchool PhD Student Invited to Give Keynote Address at ARA 2015 Conference in Dublin
- iSchool Telecommunications Research Featured in Online Media Outlets, Conference
- iSchool at Pitt LIS PhD Student Selected to Present at PaLA Spring Workshop
- Two of Pitt’s iSchool Faculty Members Receive Instructor of the Year Awards from WISE
- DRCN 2015's Best Paper Award goes to iSchool Telecommunications Faculty and Students
Friday, May 29, 2015
Bernadette Callery Archives Lecture Series presents "Charting the Future of Archives and Archival Work: A Panel Discussion"
The iSchool Celebrates Graduates at Spring 2015 Recognition Ceremony
On April 26, 2015, we recognized the 322 graduates of the University of Pittsburgh’s School of Information Sciences and honored their impressive achievements at the 2015 Recognition Ceremony. Dean Ronald L. Larsen led the day’s events, alongside department chairs Bob Perkoski, Peter Brusilovsky, David Tipper, and Sheila Corrall at the University of Pittsburgh’s Alumni Hall.
The keynote address was delivered by Dr. Alfred L. Moyé, who has very strong ties with the iSchool. Dr. Moyé is a Pitt Alumni (A&S ’68), he held positions as an Associate Professor of Chemistry, Dean of Students, and Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs here at Pitt, and he has served as a Pitt Trustee for ten years. He continues his service as an Emeritus Trustee and as the Chair of the School of Information Sciences Board of Visitors.
Dr. Moyé, who is now retired from his latest position as Director of University Affairs at the Hewlett-Packard Company, has likely influenced the education our graduates received in rather profound ways through his distinguished career in academia and in industry, and it was as honor to have him address our graduates. Read more >
Want to learn more about the iSchool?
We host a variety of on-campus and online information sessions so that you can:
• visit us on-campus or virtually
• meet our faculty and staff
• tour our research and classroom facilities
• explore careers in the information professions
• learn about our multi-disciplinary degree programs
Sign up for an information sessions or view our schedule of walk-in sessions today! Learn more >