- SIS alumnus wins California's 68th State Assesmbly District
- Pitt announces new School of Computing and Information
- MLIS alums building pilot mentoring program
- Alumni return to SIS to celebrate homecoming
- Martin Weiss, professor, awarded three-year grant from NSF
SIS welcomes two new Visiting Assistant Professors
Dr. Mai Abdelhakim and Kayla Booth will be joining our faculty as visiting assistant professors, beginning today, December 1. Dr. Abdelhakim previously worked as a postdoctoral research scientist at Osram Sylvania in Massachusetts. She will begin teaching in the Spring term. Her research interests include: cyber-physical systems security, wireless communications, and network design.
Booth has held positions as both a teaching assistant and an instructor at Pennsylvania State University’s College of Information Science and Technology prior to coming to SIS. Her research interests include: diversity and social inclusion, social and health informatics, and social media. In addition to her teaching duties here, she will also serve as the assistant director of the i3 Program.
Please join me in welcoming Dr. Abdelhakim and Booth to the iSchool.
Want to interact with us?
We host a variety of on-campus and online information sessions so that you can:
• visit us on-campus or virtually
• meet our faculty and staff
• tour our research and classroom facilities
• explore careers in the information professions
• learn about our multi-disciplinary degree programs
Join us for an information session to learn more about about our undergraduate, graduate, and online programs! View schedule >