The Mission of the School of Information Sciences is to support and advance the broader education, research, and service mission of the University by educating students, furthering knowledge, and contributing our expertise to advance humankind's progress through information.
This mission is achieved through specific actions:
- Providing a high-quality undergraduate program in Information Science
- Offering superior graduate programs in Library and Information Science, Information Science, and Telecommunications
- Engaging in research and scholarly activities that advance learning through the extension of the frontiers of knowledge and creative endeavor
- Cooperating with industry and government to transfer knowledge
- Extending our expertise to local communities and public agencies to contribute to social, intellectual, and economic development in Pennsylvania, the nation, and the world.