Recognition Ceremonies for iSchool Graduates
Every term we host a recognition ceremony for our recent graduates. This ceremony is separate from the annual University Commencement. University Commencement information can be found here.
The iSchool Recognition Ceremony includes a speech to graduates, an address from Program Representatives, and a reading of individual graduate names. The ceremony closes with light refreshments.
Upcoming Ceremonies & RSVP Forms
Spring 2016 graduates–May 1, 2016 at 9:30 a.m.
Location: Alumni Hall, 7th Floor Auditorium
Spring 2016 RSVP form (due April 25th)
Summer 2016 graduates–July 29, 2016 at 5:30 p.m.
Fall 2016 graduates–December 9, 2016 at 5:30 p.m.
- International students who would like to invite their family to attend, must complete this request form for any required visa documentation.
- All students are welcome to bring three guests to the Recognition Ceremony.
- If you wish to bring more than three guests, please contact Student Services on the last day of the appropriate RSVP date. Student Services will confirm whether there will be space for your extra guests.
Lodging & Transportation
- The Pittsburgh Marathon runs the weekend of graduation. This will cause an increase in demand for lodging in Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas. We encourage you to reserve a hotel room as soon as possible, if you and/or your guests have a need and plan to stay overnight in Pittsburgh during this time.
- Travel and parking options for the University's Oakland neighborhood include hotel shuttles (if available), public transportation, or taxi cab company. If driving, we suggest identifying a few parking options in advance.
- SPECIAL NOTE: Anticipate road closures for the Pittsburgh Marathon. Allow yourself ample time to reach the Oakland neighborhood, regardless of the travel option you choose. A map of road closures and a guide to getting around downtown.
- Dress code is business casual. Graduation regalia: Optional.
- We will have a few “prop” graduation gowns available for photo opportunities.
- If you choose to wear regalia, here are some instructions for ordering regalia
All graduates are invited to provide anonymous feedback to the School.
We share this feedback with SIS Council, the governing body of the School. All voices are represented at SIS Council - faculty, staff, and students - and all will have a chance to review, comment, and make suggestions based on your feedback.