Application and Placement Processes
How to apply
If you have submitted your application to the MLIS Program, you will be sent an email in mid-February advising you that the application process for the Pitt Partners Program is open. Included will be instructions and links to the application form, as well as Partner host site job descriptions.
- Partners placement details, including required skills, backgrounds, and job descriptions will be available on the Pitt Partners website.
- Applications are sent to participating Partner sites in early spring.
- It is the responsibility of the student to understand the demands of the position, as well as transportation, salary, or stipend details. Not all placements require previous library experience, and many host sites consider customer service to be an appropriate background.
- Host site supervisors will review student applications and contact applicants directly. Telephone interviews will be conducted or, if the student is local, a face-to-face interview may be requested.
- Once the review and interview processes are complete, it is at the discretion of the Partner host site to extend an offer of placement to their chosen candidate(s).
- Once a candidate is selected for placement and the student accepts, a letter containing details regarding the placement is sent from the iSchool at Pitt, requiring formal acceptance by the student.