Several easy steps to help you get hired for internships/jobs
- Have your resume/cover letter reviewed by Career Services for general editing and then by our alumns for content editing;
- Prepare for interviews by viewing guidlines and scheduling mock interviews and/or filming your own mock interview you can share with family and friends for their advice and suggestions;
- Use the career and professional resources compiled for you by Student Services;
- Use job and internship search tools to search by keyword, region, etc. Pitt has compiled a list of such tools, and there is even a database for international students to search for employers who are willing to hire international students;
- Post your resume to the School's resume book.
- Monitor our School's outside the classroom events to find and attend professional development sessions, panels, and opportunities we host;
- Network with employers! You can attend Pitt's Career Fairs, search for and attend relevant events hosted by the Pittsburgh Tech Council, and by Pittsburgh Dataworks, and attend our School's spring iFest events (when they are posted). See this site for what to wear and general tips.