New Student Orientation for Spring Term 2016
January 4, 2016
Welcome to the School of Information Sciences (the iSchool)! We are excited to have you become a part of the iSchool community. Please complete the following steps below to make this as smooth of a transition as possible:
1) Please access the schedule for Spring Term orientation.
2) RSVP for orientation - by January 2. You need to access this link and submit an online form to let us know whether or not you will be attending orientation. This will ensure we have enough materials and food for you!
3) Visit this Web page to learn how to get your computer account and photo id, plan and register online for classes, find your way around Pitt, etc. You can print out and use this checklist to make sure you do not forget about any of the steps you need to take to begin your life as a student in our School.
4) Use this guideline sheet to make sure you know when to seek help from your advisor, when to see Student Services, when to see the Registrar, etc.
5) Visit the iSchool policies and procedures Web page - please use this link as your primary tool for finding all policies and resources you may need to know and use as a student in our School and at Pitt.
Click here for a helpful campus and parking map.
Thank you! If you have questions about these materials, please call 412-624-5230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.