Substituting LIS 2600 with an advanced technology course
Students may substitute the entry level technology course, LIS 2600 Intro to Information Technology, with one of the following advanced technology courses (click on the title for a course description):
To substitute LIS 2600 with another course:
- You must speak with the instructor of the advanced course that you would like to use as a substitution for LIS 2600.
- If the instructor of the advanced course grants permission in an email, please forward that email and attach the LIS 2600 Course Substitution Form to the email you forward to one of the following faculty members.
- If the approval is given verbally, ask the instructor to complete the top section of the LIS 2600 Course Substitution Form. You will then need to email the signed form to one of the following faculty members.
Daqing He (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jung Sun Oh (email@example.com)
Chris Tomer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- These faculty members will complete the LIS 2600 Course Substitution Form and forward it to the MLIS Program Chair for final approval. The signed form will be filed with your student record in case it is needed to waive future course pre-requisites and/or for graduation certification purposes.
- We suggest that you keep a copy of the approval and any related communications for your own records.