Student awards information for faculty
This page is designed for faculty to quickly review award options for students in order to nominate eligible students for awards.
There are other awards that must be initiated by the student, and these are available for your review as well, so you can encourage your talented students to apply. For details on all awards, you may access this page describing of all the awards.
View prior award winners - in case you want to verify the student(s) you intend to nominate did not already win the same award in a previous year.
Please access the links below to nominate students for the following awards BY March 14th:
Undergrad BSIS only:
Anthony Debons Award
Ida M. Flynn Memorial Award
Eli Lily Book Award
Barbara King Award
Graduate LIS students only:
Harold Lancour Award for Excellence in International and Comparative Study
Graduate IS students only:
Allen Kent Award for Service to the Graduate IS Program
Other awards chosen by a selection committee (without a nomination):
- Jennifer & Eric Spiegel Technology and Communications Essay Award (selected by Jennifer & Eric Spiegel) (undergraduate)
- Information Engineering Competition Award (graduate IS)
- Sarah C. Cohen Award (graduate LIS)
- Margaret Mary Corbett Memorial Award (graduate LIS)
- Morgan Legacy Fund (undergraduate)
- School Library Certification Program Student Award (graduate LIS)
- Yuan Family Award (graduate LIS)