Assigning incomplete grades for work extending beyond the term

For work that intentionally extends beyond the end of the term:

Assign an "I" grade. Examples include dissertation work, an independent study or field experience/practicum/internship stretched over two semesters but only assigned to one term for grading purposes.

For work that extends beyond the term for personal reasons:

Assign a "G" grade. Examples include students who were ill and need a few extra weeks or other personal circumstances that the instructor supports.

Please Note:

International students require immigration approval for any off-campus work experiences in which they are involved. If there is intent to stretch a work experience over two terms with only one term of registration, OIS must be consulted to verify that whatever is done will not jeopardize the student's immigration status.