News / Openframeworks Workshop November 29, December 2-3, 2011
Explore the potential of this open source toolkit!
Openframeworks is an open source toolkit designed to support the creative process by providing a simple and intuitive framework for experimentation. Wrangling software libraries and building project files saps the creative juices. OF wraps up a number of popular and useful libraries into a single C++ environment for working with graphics, images, audio, video, and computer vision in the realm of interactive art, design, and data visualization.
- Tired of building C++ projects from scratch? Simply copy a template or example and hack away.
- Need some way to work with physics, networking, databases, serial devices or other equipment?
- Want to deploy an application on multiple platforms? OF currently supports Win, Mac, Linux, iOS, and (soon) Android.
Simply put, don't waste time reinventing the wheel when you can hit the ground spinning! For more information, see http://www.openframeworks.cc/.
Two Events that will allow you to explore the potential of this open source toolkit:
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 – PUBLIC DEMONSTRATION AND LECTURE
6:00 pm, The STUDIO for Creative Inquiry, Carnegie Mellon University
Free to the Public. Refreshments served. RSVP to email@example.com
Friday, December 2 and Saturday, December 3 – HANDS-ON WORKSHOP
This two-day workshop is intended to familiarize you with the layout and methodology of Openframeworks. Join a growing community of artists, hackers, researches, and hobbyists that are utilizing Openframeworks as an efficient creative outlet. Bring your laptop – this is a hands-on workshop!
10:00 am – 6:00 pm, Room 501, Information Sciences building, University of Pittsburgh
Free to the Public. Reservations required. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
This 2 day workshop is intended to familiarize you with the layout and methodology of Openframeworks. We will help you get your build setup working and jump into the api through a number of example applications. By the end, you will be able to start creating your own software experiments. Join a growing community of artists, hackers, researches, and hobbyists that are utilizing Openframeworks as an efficient creative outlet.
- a relatively modern laptop computer
- a software compiler for your operating system:
- Mac OSX: Xcode (available from the App Store for 10.7 Lion, or on the OSX install CD for earlier versions)
- Windows: Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2010 Express or CodeBlocks+miniGW
- Linux: gcc and the usual C/C++ developer tools
- OpenFrameworks version 007 from: http://www.openframeworks.cc/download (choose the package that matches your compiler
- (optional) a MS Kinect depth sensing camera
When you RSVP, please provide:
- full name
- Affiliation (department, university or corporation)
- email address
- phone number
- operating system