News / iSchool Welcomes New Students
Welcome to those new students joining the iSchool in Fall 2011! We look forward to working with you as your pursue your degree and to helping you achieve your academic and career goals. Our degree programs consider information from the perspectives of three disciplines: Information Science, Library & Information Science, and Telecommunications & Networking. You will have an opportunity to interact with faculty and students from these different programs and you are invited to participate in the numerous lectures and colloquia offered by the School throughout the year in areas such as information assurance, digital libraries, cyberscholarship and more. You will be enriched as a student, and as a person, by your exposure to the viewpoints and research of students and experts in all sectors of the Information Sciences.
The New Students: A Snapshot as of 8/24/2011
- 49 new students in the Bachelor of Science in Information Science (BSIS) program
- 203 incoming students in the Master’s programs (MLIS, MSIS, MST)
- 7 new PhD students
Where are they from?
- BSIS – from Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Delaware, Virginia, and California
- Master’s Programs – from Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. Also from China, India, Nepal, and Thailand.
- PhD Programs – from Sharif University of Technology, Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics, Universidad Austral de Chile, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Rochester Institute of Technology, University of Pittsburgh, and University of Science and Technology- Kumasi