Career & Internship Expo
Thursday, February 5, 2015 | 4:00 – 7:00PM
School of Information Sciences Building (135 N. Bellefield Ave.)
Download the program book here.
The iSchool Career & Internship Expo offers a great opportunity to learn about different companies hiring information professionals, search for jobs and internships, and network with employers. To prepare for the Expo, submit your resume to the iSchool Resume Book and review the following resources.
iSchool Resume Book
Submit your resume to the iSchool Resume Book, which is shared with employers each semester.
Resume and Cover Letter Resources
Learn how to properly format your resume, arrange key information, and showcase your skills.
Resume Reviews from iSchool Alumni
Connect with iSchool Alumni to review your resume or take part in a mock phone interview.
Career Fair Tips
Learn how to work a career fair, courtesy of the University of Pittsburgh's Office of Career Development and Placement Assistance.
The Career & Internship Expo is open to employers in technical and non-technical industries. This event will be exclusively reserved for iSchool undergraduate and graduate students, majoring in Information Sciences, Library & Information Sciences, and Telecommunications & Networking. In 2014, 160 students participated.
iFest Sponsorship is required to participate in the Career & Internship Expo.
The iSchool at Pitt
- Degree programs in Information Science, Library and Information Science, and Telecommunications and Networking
- Over 600 students working toward a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree on campus or online
- More than 13,000 alumni worldwide employed by Google, Deloitte, IBM, the Library of Congress, Oracle and more
- Designated a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cyberdefense Research (CAE-R) by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security
- Ranked 7th of 400+ international programs for cybersecurity education
- A Top 10 American Library Association (ALA) accredited Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) program
- 30+ faculty who teach more than 350 courses across 3 programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- A founding member of the iSchools Organization (2005)--an international consortium of information schools dedicated to advancing the information field